Thursday, June 20, 2013

About Me...

Jenn and Phil at the Beach
Who is Phil Gerringer?

I was born the son of a share-cropper and we had to walk to school...4 miles...up hill...both ways...barefoot...

No, none of that is true.  Funny, (at least to me) but not true.  I've spent the last 20+ years as a computer programming consultant, and, after the economy went south, decided it was time for my "retirement job".  I've always loved teaching, working with kids, and math so I figured I'd pursue teaching.  My short term goal is to obtain a lateral-entry teaching position at a high school teaching math.  My long term goal includes finishing my MAT and, after 20+ years of teaching, retire.


I currently live in Winston Salem with my 2nd wife (everyone needs an ex - it builds character) and 4 dogs.  My kids (20 yr. old son and 18 yr. old daughter) both graduated high school and have left the nest.  My son is out in the world searching for his pot of gold and my daughter is off to ECU to continue her studies.  I work at Baptist as a Nursing Assistant Fri, Sat, and Sun from 6:30pm - 700am.  The NA job is fun but I wouldn't recommend the hours.  I've been doing 12 hour nights for 3 years and my body hates me for it.  Right now, my hobbies are school, sleep and work.  My wife and I ride motorcycles and we squeese in time now and then but it isn't as much as we would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment